A Blog About Imminent Victory

A Blog About Imminent Victory: John 12:23-26

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Tears Fall: An Argument Against Abortion

I have had the same dreams many times it haunts my mind
It starts with a light but it ends every time
Oh so many faces that this world will never see
A reason for your life but your heart will never beat

May our tears fall down
Let them soften this ground
May our hearts be found
God forgive us now

Oh what have we lost because we chose we'll never know
And loving you is better than feeling alone
And all our claims to freedom have become these heavy chains
And in the name of rights we keep filling nameless graves

May our tears fall down
Let them soften this ground
May our hearts be found
God forgive us now

Let the tears fall down
Let them soften this ground
Let our hearts be found
God forgive us now


~BarlowGirl, "Tears Fall"

I cant tell you how many times I have listened to this song on my ipod, while mowing the lawn, working out, trying to fall asleep or just simply because it came on shuffle. But when I stopped and really thought about the words, I realized there was a whole new message than what I first heard.

Go on. read the lyrics again. What do you see?

Faces this world will never see.
Your heart will never beat.
Claims to freedom.
Name of rights.
Nameless graves.


Abortion.

Its such a cruel world. My generation has lost 1/3 of its members. One third of my would-be friends are gone. Never to see this world. Never to live, laugh, love, learn. Never to be the next Einstein, the next Edison, the next Beethoven. The next Abe Lincoln. All gone because someone made a choice and wasn't ready to face the consequences. And that choice led to another, and that choice lead to death.

Abortion is Murder.

Sooner or later it all comes down to that. If you don't agree that abortion is killing, then let me ask you this. How old does someone have to be to have their life taken away and it to be considered death? Do they have to be born? What about the babies that die before they are born, "naturally"? They are still living, Right? If something is living, you can kill it, and that causes death. So you argue that aborted babies are not really alive yet. Well, when do they start living? Its clear they start living before they are born, they move and their hearts beat. They don't breathe, but they get oxygen through their mother's bloodstream. They are living. Science can keep a premature baby born at 22 weeks (maybe even less) alive with the help of machinery. But only a few years ago, they couldn't have done that. So, you, say, that baby is alive, one at 21 weeks is not. How does that even begin to make sense? Science advances with us as the constant, not the other way around. So if a baby is living at the point of conception, than taking its life away any time after that is murder.

Abortion is Murder.

I don't care if you aren't ready. I don't care if you are scared. There are people who can help you. Couples who would gladly adopt. Just don't make an innocent life pay for the choices you made.

As a girl, this is very close to my heart. I started crying when I realized what the song (Tears Fall) was about. Its more than just a choice, its a life. And you can save one.

No comments:

Post a Comment