So, its the new year. the big 2013. It's going to be a pretty big year for me and my family, so hang onto your hat, everyone, cuz this little girl is ready to rock.
To start it all off, I'm turning 18 this year (in 3 days! Eeep!). Then, I'm graduating from High School, and heading off to college (where is still unknown, but hopefully not for long!). My sister will also be transferring to a new university, leaving my parents 2 for 0 pretty quickly.
So much is happening, and I can't believe this year is here! Everything seems to be happening uber fast these days. I feel like just yesterday, I was a scrawny, little, 12 year old kid, headed to my first day of 7th grade (and public school), extreme tomboy with an awful haircut and weird ideas about the world. Back then, my biggest wish for my birthday was to get a skateboard and a cardinals cap (both of shich I received), and I didn't ever think i would like to wear dresses. Ever. (much to the dismay of my girly sister ;) )
I am, however, thankful that I have changed since then. I ditched the only-t-shirts-baseball-caps-and-boy's-pants style (for the most part; b-ball shorts are really comfy for lounging sometimes...), grew out my hair, got bangs, and decided that skirts and dresses are not all that bad. I expanded my style, and even left behind ideas of becoming an engineer (what was I thinking?!?), and decided I liked english much better. I started wearing more flannel and plaid and sweaters and thrifting and drinking hot drinks from mugs and listening to indie music, and overall just exploring ways to grow and just be me. (photo cred. (for both haha, but mostly the bottom one) to my amazing sister)
But sometimes I still feel like that insecure little girl that awkwardly made her way through life, not really sure what to expect. I'm getting better at it though. :)
Anyway, this post was supposed to be about my new years resolutions (and it is quite a list), so I guess I should get onto some of that too... here we go:
-Write something (journal, blog, part of a book, a poem etc.) every day
-Read the Bible more often (like every day often, I've been slack on that)
-Practice music (violin, piano, guitar, cello, voice) with purpose. Aim to improve.
-Study more effectively. Stay strong on the last semester of high school (!!!!)
-Learn to do some new, fun hair-do's
-Learn to knit, crochet, sew, etc. Make things!
-Cook more
-Drink more tea :)
-Keep room cleaner and more organized!
-Clean out all the unneeded JUNK (in my room, etc.)
-Obtain a new wardrobe (ie get rid of stuff I don't wear, and find more hipster/indie/boho clothes) Find my own style
-Find 1 thing to be thankful for every day and WRITE IT DOWN! (In my journal. this does not count for daily writing)
-Find a flaw to work on/ improve/ keep improving every day, also journal about it
-Talk to Jesus often
-Be a better friend, and work on better social skills/small talk skills.
Thats all I could think of for now, but I'm sure there are more things I will find to do with my year ;) haha. anyway, thats all for now, I think, so enjoy the rest of your break (those of you that don't go back to school tomorrow, like me :( ) and I look forward to more blogging this next year. Much love, everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment