It snowed yesterday.
For a moment, Chicago was blanketed in white, beautiful and clean and soft. I was ecstatic. My friends thought I was crazy.
Now, I know you may be wondering why I loved snow so much. I often profess that Fall is my favorite season, sometimes an annoying amount of times in a row. And this is true, as a whole, I love the season of Fall, however short it may be sometimes. The colors, the smells, the mixture of warm in my sweater, with a crisp but not cold nip at my nose.
However, the first snowfall never ceases to make me feel like a child. LIke everything is going to be right with the world and I am 6 years old again, without all the worries and responsibilities of adult life. It hit me harder than ever yesterday, perhaps because I have to be so much more of an adult than usual. I'm sure my friends thought I was insane. But seriously, the flakes were huge and it was the perfect consistency for snowball making, although the only place to make snowballs was from the snow on the bridge railing because there wasn't enough on the grass and it melted on the sidewalks. But still.
Besides that, the evening had a very peaceful feeling to it.As Lorelai Gilmore so beautifully tells us, "The whole world changes when it snows. It's quiet. Everything softens." I quite agree. And even though the snow didn't stay around long, and we've yet to have that beautiful Christmasy snow akin to a sort of quiet blizzard, piling inches upon inches in the night, I am still very happy for the snow.
I have also started on my winter/Christmas decorations, i.e. I have been making a lot of paper snowflakes. My roommate, a friend and I sat down sunday afternoon, put on some Christmas music and started making snowflakes. My roommate made one, my other friend made about 5, and I just kept going. Sunday, I made 25. Monday I made 5. THere will most likely be more in the future. But, our room will be pretty. Here are the first 23 of them.
In other news, I want to start vlogging and writing Spoken word poetry, but that hasn't gone so well yet. Perhaps over Christmas break.
Anywho, I have studying to get back too. Hopefully I will have news to post about more frequently. And to all who read this, thanks!


No comments:
Post a Comment