A Blog About Imminent Victory

A Blog About Imminent Victory: John 12:23-26

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Change

Today we held a Bridal shower for one of my good friends. She is a college graduate, and though she is older than me we have become sort of close. My best friend SMM and her mom and sister put together the shower, for the most part, and I helped a little. Overall, I think it went pretty smoothly. It was a bittersweet day. Sweet because of course, marriage is a treasured thing and very beautiful. Bitter because it marked off one more milestone until the actual marriage ceremony, and is one day closer to CAB moving away.

The Devotional was about God being our constant in life (marriage) and change being the other constant. I find that a very interesting concept to think about. God is unchanging, and we have to change or we are screwed. If we couldn't change, we couldn't repent and be saved, and if God did change we couldn't rely on him.

I am very sad CAB will be moving away. Across the country, sort of. But I know that we here are just one small piece of the life God has planned out for her. And she will encounter change as we do. We just have to Go with God's plan, and keep trusting him.

No comments:

Post a Comment