When I was little, I always thought of stars as tiny pinpricks into heaven. When I stared at the night sky, it was like God was giving us the tiniest glimpse of the light and wonder that will greet us one day there. I love to stare at the night sky and think of that childlike concept. Before knowing what stars are made of, before even understanding the universe as little as I do now, my young mind thought that maybe stars were God's way to show us the Home He has prepared for us beyond our wildest dreams. Little Portholes to Heaven. Maybe that's why I'm never really scared outside at night, if its not cloudy. God's saying "I'm here. You don't have to be scared. I'll get you through the darkness, and one day you'll join me over her, on this side of the darkness."
I think we can apply that to anything in our lives. God's here, even though we don't realize it, his love and light are shining toward us, reaching, and trying to show us he is right by our side, even in dark times.
No comments:
Post a Comment