A few days ago, someone mused over the fact that I was participating in the 30 hour Famine. They said "I couldn't possibly not eat for 30 hours!" and it got me to thinking.
America is obese. That's becoming a fact. People "have" to eat.
But only a few hours from the coast of Florida, a little country is Suffering, even more than it did before the earthquake hit.
My heart breaks when I hear that a child dies every 7 seconds from poverty. I want to do something to make a difference. My generation is said to be the first generation that could wipe out poverty forever.
Are we going to do that? or are we going to sit on our couches, drinking soda and eating chips while our favorite TV show is playing and wonder for 2 seconds how anyone could go a mere 30 hours without food, then fall back into the same old routine of life, complaining about how hard we have it.
When really, We've got it good.
No comments:
Post a Comment