A Blog About Imminent Victory

A Blog About Imminent Victory: John 12:23-26

Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Boy I'll Never Know

Your smile shines like the summer sun
Warming up my heart
Your eyes are full of passion
For your God
You know how to be strong in times
of weakness and of doubt
And you find a way to be happy
with everything you have

But you're the boy I'll never get to meet
You're the boy I'll never know
You're the boy that is in all my dreams
I wish I could hold you close

I'm standing here amidst the cheering crowd
and you smile from the stage
I wish that you would look down
Into my eyes
But you don't turn my way and see
The girl who you don't know
Walk away, trying not to cry
And the life you'll never know

Cuz you're the boy I'll never get to meet
You're the boy I'll never know
You're the boy that is in all my dreams
I wish I could hold you close

I see as star above me
Shining in the night
The cold air all around me
Brings me back down to earth
I say a small prayer,
Look back one last time
Turn away from here
And say goodbye

To the boy I'll never get to meet
The boy I'll never know
The boys that is in all my dreams
Tonight I'll let you go

4 comments:

  1. wait, did you write this? this is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. This is truly beautiful. It just leaves me with questions and lingering thoughts. There is a really cool website called figment.com for writers and stuff I think you might like it.

    ReplyDelete