A Blog About Imminent Victory

A Blog About Imminent Victory: John 12:23-26

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Do it for God!

Matthew 25:40 says,

The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. (see description of blog)
We are called to help those in need. Recently in Haiti, there have been earthquakes, as most everyone knows. (If you don't know this, then you must be living under a rock.) The crisis there was bad before the earthquake. I think maybe thats why God sent the quakes.
But there are more places, more people that need help. 25,000 children under 5 die every day from hunger, poverty and disease. 13,000 die just from problems related to hunger. One child every 7 seconds.
Rebecca St. James wrote a song called Beautiful Stranger. In it she writes, "Won’t You tell me now when did I see You in need of water? Oh, and tell me now, when did I see You hungry on the street? God, I hear You calling out to me in the voices of the least of these calling me to reach beyond my world, to the beautiful stranger."
That's what this blog is about. Reaching out to those who need help. Feel free to comment on stuff.
:D Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment